Thursday, May 1, 2014

“Fellowship with God.”

As Christians, we know we are born again because we have confessed Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, and now as a Christian, what does God require of us? First we know we are saved by grace and that our salvation is not based on works.

In Ephesians 2:8-9 the bible says, “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.” But remember as a Christian, God has first and foremost called us to have fellowship with Him.

The word for “fellowship” in the Greek is “Koinonia” and it means when talking with God, it will be in “communion, and to communicate with someone in a personal and intimate relationship.”

Yet as the Apostle Paul said in Ephesians 4:1-3 - I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

So how do I have a walk that is worthy of the Lord so that I can be blessed in all I do?  So as a Christian, there are 4 things that God calls each Christian to do to grow in our relationship with Him and to have a blessed walk.

I. We need to Pray daily.

Prayer is one of the most blessed acts before God that we can do. First it puts me before the throne of God, and second it puts me in my proper position before God, and that I need Him and that He is greater then I, so I can worship and praise God the way that God would want me too. Also it allows me to speak to God and as I give my needs to God, I can see God working in my life by Him answering my prayers.

Psalms 95:6 - Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.

II. We need to read our bible daily.

By reading the bible, the Lord reveals Himself to us. Also the bible teaches that we get faith from reading God’s word. Also we can discover God’s will for my life and last is that God will speak to us from His word.    
                      
Psalms 25:14 - The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, And He will show them His covenant.

III. Go to church and fellowship.

God commands us to go to church and fellowship with people of the same mind. The church is the place where we grow in unity or one mind. It is the place where we can live out our faith and as we spend time in our church we become part of the church family.       
          
Ephesians 4:11-13 - And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;    
    
IV. Be a light to everyone you come in contact with.

God has created us to discover His great love, to serve Him, and seek Him, and by doing these things, we can see God using our lives to be a light to others, and to be a blessing to people we come in contact with.

Matthew 5:16 “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”




1 comment: