Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My calling to leadership.

I had been serving in the children's ministry for about 2 years. And as I was reading my bible in the book of Nehemiah, I discovered Nehemiah's heart for the people of Jerusalem and how God opened the door for Nehemiah to go back and minister to the Jews there in Jerusalem.

This lead me to want to grow more in ministry and serve at my church. As I was praying how God would open the door for me, the pastor said he was going to start a class on leadership called "Shepherd School." So I went to the first class. When my pastor came to the class he had a case of books he wanted us to read.

It was the book "Victorious Christian Service" by Alan Redpath. This book is about the book of Nehemiah. I was so blessed how God had called me to die to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment